College coursework hours are translated into clock hours as one semester hour equals 15 clock hours, one quarter hour equals 10 clock hours. Course work completed within your field of license will receive full credit. Course work completed in related fields may receive partial credit. after reviewed for post program approval.
4757-9-06(F) The board may grant continuing education credit for appropriate college courses that are documented by passing grades of "C-" or above on undergraduate courses and "B-" or above for graduate courses from regionally accredited educational institutions; audited courses require documentation by a letter from the professor noting the hours attended.
Extra credit is given to the presenter not to the viewer. No credit is given to the viewer of a poster presentation.
MFT’s will grant 1.5 hours for prep-time in addition to the total number of hours for the presentation
Social Workers grant ½ hour in prep-time for each hour of the poster presentation, maximum number of hours 6.
Counselors grant ½ hour in prep-time for each hour of the poster presentation , with a maximum of 6 hours.
- Banking hours will allow a licensee who has completed more than their 30 required hours to bank up to 12 hours of extra hours towards their next renewal period.
If you are audited and have banked 12 or less of your 30 CEU hours you are required to list:
* 60 hours from your last two renewals
*Up to 12 banked hours from the prior renewal may be used
*At least 18 (or more) from the most recent renewal
60 hours of CEUs for the last two renewal periods; this to prove you didn't use the banked CEU hours for the renewal period prior to the most recent.
Click to search: Approved CE Programs
Programs are approved by the Board for one year. The Board’s list of approved Programs does not show when and where the individual CEU courses will be held. You will have to contact the Program’s contact person to receive more information.
1. Sponsor: the organization responsible for the program
2. Contact person: the person you call for information on the program
3. Program: the program’s title
4. Dates: the month and year the program has Board approval
5. City: the city where the program will be held
6. Approval Code: will begin with an M showing that this is a program and will contain a variation of these letters MCSTX followed by numbers (MCST00000 or MCSX00000) , A C in the approval code indicates approval for counselors, S for social workers and T for Marriage & Family Therapist.*
8. Hours: the hours the Board has approved
*Be sure to look at the program’s approval code to know that the course is approved for your license type.